Brevik - Ghent
On this route there is one departure per week in both directions.
The cargo mix on this route is trailers, containers, factory new cars and trucks, motor homes, caravans, high & heavy and project cargoes.
Cargo loaded in Spain, France and Belgium is finding it’s way to Brevik, situated on the West bank of the Oslofjord, halfway between Oslo and Kristiansand. Norwegian exporters based in the triangle Oslo – Trondheim – Kristiansand equally value the weekly ro/ro connection to Gent which is situated close to the crossing of the main European highways E40 (East-West axis) and E17 (North-South axis) giving quick access to the nearby consumer and production centres.
From Brevik (located on the entry to Oslo Fjord) there is immediate access to major Norwegian industries with easy access to the motorway to Kristiansand and Oslo and from Ghent (in Belgium in the middle of Europe) delivery or loading is easy and a few hours away from major European cities.
See latest schedule for week 42-48 and for week 49-01
The ferry departs every Sunday from Brevik at 9.00 and arrives in Ghent on following Tuesday at 6.00.
The ferry departs every Friday from Ghent at 22.00 and arrives in Brevik on following Sunday at 4.00.
Closing time is 2 hours prior to sailing time, or 4 hours prior to sailing for mobile units.
TERMINALS AND CONTACT DETAILS
+47 35 57 37 50
NorthSea Terminal AS,Tangenveien 40 3950 Brevik Norway
+ 32 9 269 12 55 or 12 69
DFDS Seaways N.V., Mercatordok Multimodal Terminal, Philips Landsbergiuslaan 11, Havennummer 2170, B-9000 Gent, Belgium
Or get in touch by email.
Passengers on fReight vessels
- Children under 5 years not accepted due to safety regulations
- No pets
Enquiries for passenger transport on this route should be direct to Ghent (Tel:
+32 9 269 1269 / Email: firstname.lastname@example.org)
Read more about passenger boooking here
Driver facilities on board
On this route our Ro-Ro vessels offer comfortable accommodaiton in shared double cabin usually with shower and toilet.Breakfast, lunch and dinner are served at set times. Cold food, tea and coffee facilities available in the canteen.
The internal segregation of individual UN-number must conform ro the general and particular requirements for segregation as described in the IMDG Code.
Request for shipment of Class 2,3,4,5,6,8 and 9 must be submitted before unit arrives at the gate. For deadline information contact you local office.
requests for shipment of Class 1 must be submitted one week before shipment.
Radioactive substances are not accepted.
- For trailers longer than 14 metres,truck/trailers longer than 17 metres, containers/tank-containers/flats longer than 20', 30' or 40' additional rates are given on application.
- For units exceeding 2.6 metres in width the following surcharges shall apply: (Excess width calculations must be done on total unit length.)
- 2.61 - 2.75 m basic rate +25%
- 2.76 - 3.00 m basic rate +50%
- 3.01 - 3.50 m basic rate +100%
- 3.51 - and over on application.
- For loads of abnormal height please contact your agent for maximum height information.
- The gross weight for selfdrives/trailers/flats/containers marked on each unit must not be exceeded. This must also conform to current government road/rail regulations. If this is found not to be so, discharge will be at Shipper's expense.
- Shipment of units exceeding 40 tons of weight is subject to prior approval with additional rates are given on application.
Surcharges for the shipment of hazardous goods (excluding class 1 & 7) are 45€/unit.
Surcharges class 1, explosives
Surcharges for Class 1 (explosives) are euro 115 /unit Extra cost, such as attendance of fire brigade or any other special attendance will be charged for separately
to a particular hazard division
Norway harbor dues are charged as per local port authority requirement. The charges are based per ton (nok 6,65 Trailers & Containers) or fixed unit cost (nok 150 Vehicles & Machines).
Electrical connections on board the vessel are subject to EUR 25 charge per unit (plug-in surcharge and electrical connections on terminal are charged according to local terminal conditions and tariffs.)