Klaipeda - Copenhagen - Fredericia
This route provides services between Lithuania and Denmark. The vessel, Botnia Seaways, peforms two roundtrips per week. She is a conventional RO-RO cargo vessel having 3 cargo decks accessible by internal ramps and completes the route twice a week.
The cargo mix on this route includes RO-RO activities such as trailers, trailers, driver accompanied or non-accompained truck-trailers, containers on mafi's. excavators, tractors, combine and various agro machinery. The cargo mix also includes LO-LO activities such loading containers directly onto weather deck.
Access from terminal – Fredericia: Access to Jutland, which represents the entire Western part of Denmark, as well as access to the island of Funen in the centre of Denmark.
Access from terminal – Copenhagen: Access to Zealand, which represents the Eastern part of Denmark, as well as access to southwestern Sweden.
Access from terminal – Klaipeda: Easy access to the Southern and Central Baltic States as well as Russia.
Departures Tuesdays at 20.30 arrive in Copenhagen on Wednesdays at 08.00 and Klaipeda on Thursdays at 05.00.
Departures Saturdays at 00.30 arrive in Copenhagen on Saturdays at 13.00 and Klaipeda on Sundays at 13.00.
Departures Thursdays at 11.00 arrive in Copenhaen on Friday at 07.00 and Fredericia at 18.30 on Fridays.
Departures Sundays at 21.00 arrive in Copenhagen at 18.00 on Mondays and Fredericia at 6.00 on Tuesdays.
TERMINALS AND CONTACT DETAILS
+45 7620 6710
DFDS Seaways Terminal Copenhagen, Dampfærgevej 32, 2100 Copenhagen, Denmark
+45 7620 6710
Port of Fredericia, Oldenborggade 1C/2, 7000 Fredericia, Danmark
+370 46 395 046
Klaipeda - International Ferry Port, Perkelos Str. 10, 93270, Lithuania
For general enquires, please use the following link: get in touch
Check-in time / DEADLINES
General deadline/closing for check-in is always two hours prior to departure.
Latest arrival time of hazardous cargo units before departure:
• Thursday departure : Thursday at 05:00 (local time)
• Sunday departure : Sunday at 13:00 (local time)
• Wednesday departure : Tuesday at 17:00 (local time)
• Saturday departure : Friday at 17:00 (local time)
• Tuesday departure : Tuesday at 15:30 (local time)
• Saturday departure : Friday at 18:30 (local time)
Botnia Seaways offers double cabin accommodation with breakfast, lunch and dinner at usual Scandinavian quality. Single passengers may be required to share double cabin with other passengers due to limited amount of cabins.
• Pre-advice of the hazardous cargo is made minimum 24 hours prior to departure, with information on Haz class and UN. nr.
• IMDG form is fully issued, signed by issuer as well as by packer of the hazardous cargo, according to the IMO codex.
Once above is received, stowage category, segregation requirements is evaluated, and accepted if in compliance with the general IMO codex. Final acceptance of the hazardous cargo, exclusively is subject to the general IMO codex requirements are met in full.
Latest booking time for hazardous cargo:
• Thursday departure : Tuesday at 11:00 (local time)
• Sunday departure : Friday at 15:00 (local time)
• Wednesday departure : Tuesday at 08:00 (local time)
• Saturday departure : Friday at 14:00 (local time)
• Tuesday departure : Tuesday at 14:00 (local time)
• Saturday departure : Friday at 00:30 (local time)
Any unit carrying dangerous goods must arrive at the terminal no later than as Check-in Time / Deadline guidelines in order to ensure compliance with stowage segregation and thus enabling shipment.
Surcharges for the shipment of hazardous goods are available on request.
Surcharges for electrical connections are available on request.
Additional rates are given on application for trailers longer than 14 metres,truck/trailers longer than 17 metres, containers/tank-containers/flats longer than 20', 30' or 40'.
For units exceeding 2.6 metres in width the following surcharges shall apply:
- 2.61m - 3.00m - Basic rate +25%
- 3.01m - 3.25m - Basic rate +50%
- 3.26m - 3.50m - Basic rate +75%
- 3.51m and over: - Basic rate +100%
Additional rates are given on application for units higher than 4.2m.
The gross weight for accompanied units/trailers/flats/containers marked on each unit must not be exceeded. This must also conform to current government road/rail regulations. If this is found not to be so, discharge will be at Shipper's expense.
The shipment of units exceeding 35 tons is subject to prior approval, with additional rates given on application. Delivery times for abnormal loads and units that require lifts shall be agreed and booked with the local office.