Seafood solutions - building on local expertise
DFDS is the largest provider of transport services to the Scottish salmon and seafood industry, offering fully integrated supply chain solutions from packing station to consumers throughout Europe. Working closely with the industry we have learned to appreciate the importance of honesty, reliability, speed an flexibility.
Through our dedicated and experienced sea-food industry teams we continue to develop new solutions, expanding our product range and geographical reach based on the following foundations:
- Asset based 3PL solutions including own ships, terminals, temperature controlled trailers, trains and depots.
- Collecting from processing sites.
- Cross docking, storage and order picking/packing.
- Cold store, blast freezing and tempering.
- Fully integrated trunking network services.
- On-time delivery at the right temperature.
- Larkhall/Glasgow custom built multi temperature distribution centre (55,000 sq ft/29 loading doors).
- Aberdeen depot providing collection and cross docking service from North Scotland and Northern Isles.
- Pan-European distribution services through Boulogne Sur Mer DC.
- Dedicated, professional and experienced industry teams.
- Bespoke IT solutions.
- Innovative solutions including introduction of reusable plastic boxes.