DFDS Bus Transfers - Newcastle
Bus transfers in Newcastle
We currently do not offer bus transfers between the port and the city centre of Newcastle due to COVID-19 measures. We will update this page if this changes.
We offer the following bus connections:
- Terminal to Newcastle City Cenre
- Newcastle City Centre to terminal
Please buy your ticket prior to your journey. Call us or buy online when you book.
You can also log in to My bookings and add a bus transfer there.
Important information regarding bus transfers resuming
- Buses are accessible and can accommodate one large wheelchair. If we cannot accommodate another wheelchair user, a taxi transfer will be arranged
- Face coverings are mandatory onboard the bus (advised for children up to 11 years)
- Buses will run on 50% capacity to adhere to 1 metre social distancing guidelines
Parking at the Terminal
When arriving to the terminal in North Shields by car, follow the signs to the secure car park (located on the right hand side as you drive down the road towards the terminal).
The entrance to the terminal is only a short walk from the car park.
Please note: The car park is operated by the Port of Tyne. The price for parking is £12 per day or part thereof. The first 4 hours are free of charge. Lost tickets will be charged at £15 per day.
Award Winning Ferry Crossings
We been voted World’s Leading Ferry Operator 2011-2021, Europe's Leading Ferry Operator 2012-2021 and World’s Best Ferry Operator Website 2021!
Thank you for voting and making us proud for more than 10 years in a row! Let’s sail the seas together with world class service!