Our network - your strength
With a fleet of Ro-Ro, Ro-Pax, container vessels, and logistics routes across Europe, DFDS provides access for the chemical industry to one of Europe’s most comprehensive freight shipping and logistics networks.
CIDX Chem eStandards for real time integration
SQAS registration and CEFIC certification
Safety-conscious solutions to optimise your supply chains
Quay to quay services on shipper's own equipment
Delivering safety-conscious solutions
Proportionately the transportation costs of the chemical industry are higher than most other industries, averaging 25% of total cost of goods sold. DFDS recognises the challenges facing the industry and have tailored our safety-conscious solutions to optimise our customers' supply chains. DFDS offers flexible solutions that are high frequency and provide reduced inventory and lead-times.
Your hazardous cargo in safe hands
Our expert chemicals industry team fully understands your needs. We can easily adapt to your demands, offering not only traditional transport services, but also innovative and tailor-made solutions.
We offer freight management and reverse logistics services, SQAS registration and CEFIC certification, as well as CIDX Chem eStandards supporting a full range of real time integration possibilities.
Equipment designed for your needs
- Asset-based 3PL solutions including own vessels, trains, trailers, terminals, containers, and swap bodies.
- Warehousing, order picking, and distribution.
- Innovative cassette and equipment based solutions optimising payload and cargo care.
Digital tools to optimise your business
- A dedicated DFDS Control Tower can manage the entire process end-to-end.
- Your cargo will be 100% traceable in real-time.
- We deliver streamlined IT solutions for quicker cargo processing when it reaches its destination terminal.
- We offer integration solutions to increase efficiency in data management.
- Our user-friendly booking systems DFDS Direct and My DFDS Freight will help you to create, edit, and track your bookings quickly and easily.
- Use the new Online Warehouse Management System (WMS) Empirika to keep tabs on stock and movements.
- Modern tracking allows both the unit and the trailer to be independently tracked, trailer temperatures can be viewed live, or can be produced as an historical record to satisfy audits.
Need support or want to contact customer service at DFDS? Visit our FAQ page to find answers to your questions on our logistics services.