Our network - your strength
With a fleet of Ro-Ro, Ro-Pax, container vessels, and logistics routes across Europe, DFDS provides access for the high value industry to one of Europe’s most comprehensive freight shipping and logistics networks.
Dedicated control towers monitoring the business
Remote access to on-board tracking devices via GE Veriwise
Security designed trailers with anti-slash curtains
Electronic locking system, GPS tracking, and door alarms
DFDS offers not only flexible and tailored delivery, but also safe solutions including ISPS certified vessels and terminals, IQ slam lock rear door systems and security trained drivers, so your cargo is safe every step of the way.
Expertise in high value cargo
In Europe, cargo theft loss is estimated at 12 billion euros per year. Business sectors most affected are high-tech, electronics, pharmaceutical, tobacco, and alcohol industries.
Approximately 86% of these thefts occur during road transportation. DFDS recognises the severity of this challenge by providing safe, designed solutions and security trained drivers to protect your supply chains. DFDS' road transport is certified with TAPA TSR 3.
Equipment designed for your needs
- Asset-based 3PL solutions including own vessels, trains, trailers, terminals, containers, and swap bodies.
- Security designed trailers: anti-slash curtains, box and temperature controlled units.
- Electronic locking systems, GPS tracking, and door alarms.
- Fully secure ISPS certified vessels and terminals with dedicated high value areas.
Digital tools to optimise your business
- A dedicated DFDS Control Tower can manage the entire process end-to-end.
- Your cargo will be 100% traceable in real-time.
- We deliver streamlined IT solutions for quicker cargo processing when it reaches its destination terminal.
- We offer integration solutions to increase efficiency in data management.
- Our user-friendly booking systems DFDS Direct and My DFDS Freight will help you to create, edit, and track your bookings quickly and easily.
- Use the new Online Warehouse Management System (WMS) Empirika to keep tabs on stock and movements.
- Modern tracking allows both the unit and the trailer to be independently tracked, trailer temperatures can be viewed live, or can be produced as an historical record to satisfy audits.