Lifting equipment and storage facilities for project cargo
A modern fleet of Ro-Ro, sideport, and container vessels
Barge and rail connected terminals with ideal positions
Innovative mega cassette and equipment solutions
Moving the unmovable
Cargo with extreme or odd-sized dimensions requires special care. With DFDS’ special equipment and transport solutions tailor-made to fit your needs and the nature of your goods, you can enjoy the benefits that come with having one operator with you all the way from A to B. We continuously innovate and invest in modern and sustainable equipment, technology, and solutions, to give you peace of mind in changing times.
Project cargo network
Our ferry routes on a fixed schedule and logistics experts across Europe make up our substantial asset-based network. For the project cargo industry, that means access to one of Europe’s most comprehensive freight shipping and logistics networks. Thousands of project logistics customers and millions of passengers trust us to move their businesses and people every day.
From sea to road to rail, DFDS’ dedication and expertise gets your heavy cargo there on time, every time.
Equipment solutions tailored to your needs
- Asset-based 3PL and 4PL solutions
- Comprehensive European shipping and terminal network.
- Barge and rail-connected terminals ideally placed to serve all relevant areas in Northern Europe.
- A modern fleet of vessels consisting of Ro-Ro, sideport and container vessels.
- Innovative mega cassette and equipment solutions, optimising payload and cargo care and moving agility projects forward.
- Lifting equipment and storage facilities for project cargo.
Digital tools to optimise your business
- A dedicated DFDS Control Tower can manage the entire process end-to-end.
- Your cargo will be 100% traceable in real-time.
- We offer integration solutions to increase efficiency in data management.
- Use the new Online Warehouse Management System (WMS) Empirika to keep tabs on stock and movements.
- Modern tracking allows both the unit and the trailer to be independently tracked, trailer temperatures can be viewed live, or can be produced as an historical record to satisfy audits.