Get started - treat yourself to a break with your loved ones and join us on a maritime trip. On the 3-day mini cruise you will experience an exciting mix of sea voyage and city break. As you head to Newcastle, the vibrant haven of Northern England, you'll experience an eclectic entertainment program aboard.
2 nights onboard
Excellent onboard facilities
Delicious onboard cuisine
Large breakfast and dinner buffet on the roundtrip (Option 2)
Bus transfer Newcastle Harbor - city center and back
Depart IJmuiden for Newcastle
Arrive in North Shields near Newcastle
First Coach departs for Newcastle city centre
Day at Leisure begins
Coach departs Newcastle for ferry terminal
Depart North Shields for Holland
Breakfast buffet available onboard
Arrive in IJmuiden
What to do in Newcastle
To get a real feel for this historic city try taking a City Sightseeing tour. You pay for a 24-hour pass and you can hop on and off the bus as often as you like. It’s the best way to see Newcastle's Victorian and contemporary neighbourhoods, and with 17 possible stops including St. James' Park Football Stadium, The Biscuit Factory art gallery and Gateshead Millennium Bridge you can see so much of the city without having to traipse across it. You’ll get a great view of the city from the open air top deck while learning about the city’s history from one of the informative city guides.
How do you redeem your Groupon voucher?
- Click on "book now"
- Select your desired travel date and click on "Next"
- Choose a 2-bed interior cabin, bunk beds or a higher-grade cabin for an additional charge, click on "Next"
- Option 1: book on request breakfast and / or dinner on board and click "Next". Option 2: Select the desired table times for the evening buffet on the outward and return journey and click on "Next"
- Enter your contact information or sign in with an existing account
- Enter your Groupon coupon code and click "Redeem"
- Please select a payment method (even if the travel price has been paid by the voucher and shows a balance of € 0,00)
- Review your details and click "Next" to complete your booking.
- You will receive your booking number and shortly a booking confirmation by email
Welcome on board
Our ships are more than ordinary ferries: in addition to cozy cabins, a culinary selection in our restaurants and entertainment with live music, you will experience entertaining moments in the casino, cinema or in the on-board shop. Our tip: the sunset from the outer deck is especially nice.
All DFDS Mini Cruises
Our mini cruise breaks are our most popular breaks, and it’s easy to see why. Not only do you get to spend time in a fantastic city, but you’ll also be treated to 2 nights onboard our modern, comfortable and well-equipped cruise ferries.
Our mini cruises are the perfect combination of a short city break and a cruise experience.
Europe's leading Ferry Operator 2022
We’ve been nominated as Europe’s Leading Ferry Operator at the prestigious World Travel Awards 2022! We’d love to win but we need your help – please support us with your vote!