DFDS announces changes to UK ferry services
DFDS temporarily suspends all mini cruises on the Newcastle-Amsterdam route and reduces passenger capacity on their sailings to France
- The Newcastle Amsterdam service will continue to operate for those travelling on a transport booking with their vehicles or as foot passengers and bookings will remain available.
- Passenger capacity will be reduced to 50% on DFDS sailings from Dover to Calais and Dunkirk and Newhaven to Dieppe.
As a result of this DFDS will temporarily suspend all mini cruise packages on the Newcastle-Amsterdam route with immediate effect up to April 6th.
Mini cruise bookings up to and including this date will be automatically cancelled with immediate effect and a travel credit will be issued to use on a future sailing. The Newcastle Amsterdam service will continue to sail for those travelling on a transport booking with their vehicles or as foot passengers and bookings will remain available.
It has also taken the separate decision to reduce passenger capacity by 50% on all vessels on the Western Channel and Eastern Channel routes effective immediately also up to April 6th. There will not be a reduction in sailings, the schedules will remain the same.
Onboard all vessels, DFDS have already taken significant measures to prevent the spread of Coronavirus / COVID-19 including:
Hand sanitizer dispensers installed everywhere on the ship for passengers to use.
- Ongoing extra touchpoint cleaning.
- On the Newcastle-Amsterdam ships, King Seaways and Princess Seaways, buffet food will now be served to passengers by staff and no more than 100 people will be allowed in onboard venues at one time
- The ships’ crew is subject to strict measures and hygiene requirements.
- The ships carry a stock of masks to limit the spread of infection, if the need should arise.
DFDS has taken every precaution advised by the World Health Organisation to minimise the spread of Coronavirus / COVID-19 to protect the health of those travelling.
Coronavirus/COVID-19: Read our latest travel updates here: https://www.dfds.com/en/passenger-ferries/corona-virus/updates
Read our latest FAQs here: https://www.dfds.com/en/passenger-ferries/corona-virus
-Ends- DFDS Press Office 01304 874052 Dover.email@example.com
Behind Every Journey
We are proud to have been nominated as Europe’s Leading Ferry Operator 2023 by the World Travel Awards.
This year, we’re taking a moment to celebrate and recognise the reasons why we continue to get nominated – and win this award – year after year… the amazing people behind every journey.