HOW TO FIND CHEAP FERRY TICKETS & DEALS
Here at DFDS, we want all of our passengers to get the best deal possible on our ferry crossings. Depending on your travel dates and chosen route, you can do a few simple things to ensure you get the cheapest tickets. For example, booking your tickets in advance is often the best way to get a cheap ferry crossing. If you're flexible with your travel dates, try to avoid peak times such as holidays and weekends. By following some of our simple tips, you can be sure to get the best deal on your next ferry crossing.
GET CHEAPER TICKETS ON FERRY CROSSINGS TO FRANCE
- Travel in the afternoon - There are more departures from Dover than on our other routes due to the shorter crossing time. Generally, ferries from Dover are cheaper in the afternoon, whilst return ferries from Dunkirk and Calais tend to be cheaper in the morning: go against the main flow and it could save you money.
- Travel overnight - Take a night ferry between 23:59 and 06:00 as there are more cheap spaces available on these departures.
Cheaper Tickets for Newcastle – Amsterdam
- Special offers – We occasionally have special and seasonal offers for mini cruises and short breaks throughout the year. Check the special offers section of our website for the most up-to-date deals and offers available.
- Travel on weekdays – Weekdays tend to be quieter and if you can travel then, you’ll find it generally costs less than travelling at weekends.
Tips For Cheaper Ferry Tickets
- Avoid peak times - If you can, avoid booking at times of peak demand, such as during school holidays.
- Book in advance - Generally, the lowest fares are available when you book in advance. So book as early as possible before your travel date.
- Short break offers - On a number of routes we offer discounted fares if you return to the UK within one to five days of your departure.
- Travel on weekdays - If you can travel on a weekday, you'll find it generally costs less than travelling at weekends.
- Special offers - We occasionally have special and seasonal offers available throughout the year. Check the special offers section of our website for the most up-to-date deals and offers available.
Duty Free at DFDS
Shop Duty Free onboard our ferries from the UK and save up to 50% vs UK high street.
With huge savings on premium perfumes, cosmetics and alcohol and generous allowances you can stock up on great deals.
For bulk buys our Calais and Dunkerque Duty Free Shops at our ports are ideal with parking right outside. You can even browse Duty Free from the comfort of your own home with our Reserve & Collect service. Simply select your chosen products then collect and pay at our shoreside shops.
Award Winning Ferry Crossings
We are proud to have been voted World’s Leading Ferry Operator 2022 at this year’s World Travel Awards for the 12th year in a row! We have also won Europe's Leading Ferry Operator 2012-2022 and World’s Best Ferry Operator Website 2021-2022.
Thank you to everyone who has supported us and voted for us for over 12 years. Let’s sail the seas together with world class service!