HOW TO FIND CHEAP FERRY TICKETS & DEALS
At DFDS we always want our passengers to get the best deal on our ferry crossings, so take a look at our top tips for getting the best deal on ferry tickets to Europe. Depending on your chosen ferry route and travel dates, you could save on tickets by keeping a few simple things in mind.
Tips For Cheaper Ferry Tickets
- Avoid peak times - If you can, avoid booking at times of peak demand, such as during school holidays.
- Book in advance - Generally, the lowest fares are available when you book in advance. So book as early as possible before your travel date.
- Short break offers - On a number of routes we offer discounted fares if you return to the UK within one to five days of your departure.
- Travel on weekdays - If you can travel on a weekday, you'll find it generally costs less than travelling at weekends.
- Special offers - We occasionally have special and seasonal offers available throughout the year. Check the special offers section of our website for the most up-to-date deals and offers available.
GET CHEAPER TICKETS ON DOVER-DUNKIRK/CALAIS FERRY CROSSINGS
- Travel in the afternoon - There are more departures from Dover than on our other routes due to the shorter crossing time. Generally, ferries from Dover are cheaper in the afternoon, whilst return ferries from Dunkirk and Calais tend to be cheaper in the morning: go against the main flow and it could save you money.
- Travel overnight - Take a night ferry between 23:59 and 06:00 as there are more cheap spaces available on these departures.
- By following the planning tips above you’ll be able to get yourself great deals on your ferry bookings. Take a look at some of the ferry deals on our most popular routes below and see how much you could save!
We’ve been nominated!
We’ve been nominated in the British Travel Awards in the category of Best Ferry Operator for Routes from/to UK Ports.
Help support us with your vote so we can continue to deliver our award-winning service and ferry travel to you, our wonderful customers!