DFDS announces changes in the operation of the ferries
DFDS temporarily suspends all mini cruises from Newcastle to Amsterdam and reduces the number of passengers on flights to France
- Ferries from Newcastle to Amsterdam will continue to operate for passengers travelling with booked transport with vehicles or as foot passengers and bookings will remain available.
- The number of passengers will be reduced to 50% on DFDS flights from Dover to Calais and Dunkirk and from Newhaven to Dieppe.
As a result, DFDS will temporarily suspend all mini cruise packages on the Newcastle-Amsterdam route with immediate effect by 6 April.
Mini cruise bookings up to and including this date will be cancelled automatically with immediate effect and the travel voucher will be allocated for future use. Cruises from Newcastle to Amsterdam remain unchanged for pedestrians and car travellers and new bookings are still accepted.
A separate decision was also taken to reduce passenger capacity by 50% on all ships on the West and East Canal routes with immediate effect until 6 April. The number of sailings will not be reduced, the schedules will remain the same. On board all ferries, the DFDS has taken measures to prevent the spread of Coronavirus/COVID-19:
- Disinfectant dispensers have been installed on the ship so that passengers can use them.
- Uninterrupted, additional contact point cleaning.
- On ships operating on the Newcastle-Amsterdam, King Seaways and Princess Seaways routes, buffet meals will now be served by staff and no more than 100 people will be able to stay in one room at a time.
- The ship's crew is subject to strict hygiene regulations and requirements.
- If necessary, the ferries are equipped with a spare mask to limit the spread of infection.
DFDS has followed every recommendation of the World Health Organisation to minimise the spread of Coronavirus/COVID-19 and to protect the health of travellers.
Coronavirus/COVID-19: Read the latest travel information here: https://www. dfds. com/en/passenger-ferries/corona-virus/updates
Read the latest answers to frequently asked questions here: https://www. dfds. com/en/passenger-ferries/corona-virus?utm_source=optimise&utm_medium=corona_button_int&utm_campaign=corona_info_button For more information or to book a flight, go to: www.dfds.pl.
-End - Press Office DFDS 01304 874052 firstname.lastname@example.org
DFDS is the largest integrated shipping and logistics company in Northern Europe with a network of approximately 30 routes and 50 cargo and passenger ships.
DFDS prides itself on offering world-class facilities and services and the largest selection of ferry routes to Northern Europe. In the UK the company operates passenger services from Dover to Calais, from Dover to Dunkirk, from Newcastle to Amsterdam and from Newhaven to Dieppe.
DFDS was awarded the title of "Leading Global Ferry Operator"; for eight years in a row (2011-2018) and "Leading European Ferry Operator"; for the years (2012-2019).
DFDS currently operates up to 54 daily frequencies between Dover and France on the Dover-Dunkirk and Dover-Calais routes. The DFDS also offers two daily flights between Newcastle and Amsterdam. In addition, the DFDS network includes passenger and freight services between Newhaven and Dieppe, with four daily frequencies operated by Transmanche Ferries.
For more information about DFDS or to check the latest schedules, fares and offers on all UK routes please visit www.dfds.pl.
We’ve been nominated!
We’ve been nominated in the British Travel Awards in the category of Best Ferry Operator for Routes from/to UK Ports.
Help support us with your vote so we can continue to deliver our award-winning service and ferry travel to you, our wonderful customers!