Chevron pointing rightFacebookLinkedInTwitterEmailFacebooklinkedInBlogYouTubeInstagramArrow downExternal link (before text)Toggle menu and search iconLoginTriangle pointing upSearch (magnifying glass)Cross (close)InfoPassenger ferriesBoatTruckAbout usDownloadCustomer center iconFerry crossingBusiness cruiseCruises and packagesGroupsAutomotiveHazardous cargoIndustrial cargoISO containerMobile machineReefer containerReefer trailerSelf-driveTrailerBulk liquidPdfSwitch-arrowsCheckmarkThree dotsCross with circleFlag nl-BEFlag fr-BEFlag sv-SEFlag da-DKFlag nlFlag etFlag fiFlag deFlag itFlag lvFlag ltFlag nnFlag ruFlag esFlag plFlag frFlag en (UK)Flag en (US)Flag en (Global)Flag pt (BR)Flag en (CA)Flag zh (CN)Flag cs (CZ)Flag ee (EE)Flag ja (JP)Flag ko (KR)Flag ro (RO)Flag sk (SK)Flag bgAlertOutbound and Returntickmarknumber of sailingsdruration of sailingdrive onsea view cabinbooking deadlinedrive on cycle onconcert ticketmatch ticketbus transfercurrency DKKcurrency €currency poundcurrency %romantic mealnights on boardmealromantic nights on boardnights in cityromantic cityfamily city

European Breakdown Insurance

European Breakdown Insurance


Most breakdown assistance only covers you when driving in the UK and will not include overseas driving. When travelling abroad you will need to take out breakdown cover if you are taking your car.

  • 24 hour vehicle and breakdown assistance
  • Legal expenses cover
  • Emergency roadside repairs
  • Replacement vehicle cover


  • Any loss caused as a direct or indirect result of anything you are claiming for, for example loss of earnings, unless it says differently in the policy.
  • You are travelling against any health requirements stipulated by the carrier, their handling agents or any other public transport provider.

Find out what our cover includes in the documents below.

Information You Need To Tell Us

We need to know certain information as it may affect the terms of the insurance cover we can offer you. You must, to the best of your knowledge, give accurate answers to the questions we ask when you buy your travel insurance policy. It could otherwise result in your policy being invalid and mean that all or part of a claim may not be paid.

If you think you may have given us any incorrect answers or if you want any help, please contact Voyager Insurance Services Ltd on 01483 562662 as soon as possible and we will be able to tell you if we can still offer you cover.

Important Conditions Regarding to Health

You must tell us if, at any time during the period of insurance and each time you make arrangements to travel, there is a change in circumstances and you answer ‘yes’ to any of the important conditions relating to health by contacting us as soon as possible so that we may reassess your coverage relating to any trips you have booked or may wish to book in the future. Please contact Voyager Insurance Services Ltd on 01483 806 666. In the 12 months before buying this insurance or booking your journey (whichever is later), have you:

  1. been referred for tests, investigations, treatment or surgery, or were awaiting the results of any referral?
  2. attended or were due to attend a hospital or clinic as an outpatient or inpatient?
  3. received treatment or seen a medical practitioner for a medical condition?
  4. been prescribed medication?

In addition to the above, you will not be covered if:

  1. Following any claim investigation, your doctor confirms they would not have agreed with or recommended you travel as planned either when you bought this insurance, booked your journey or at the time you travelled (whichever is later).
  2. You know you will need medical treatment or a consultation at a medical facility during your journey.
  3. You are travelling specifically for the purpose of having surgery, procedures or hospital treatment, whether medically necessary or not.
  4. You had been diagnosed with a terminal illness prior to the date you bought this insurance or booked your trip (whichever is later).

If we are unable to cover a medical condition, this will mean that any other person insured by us will not be able to make a claim arising from the medical condition(s). This may even apply if the person with the medical condition(s) purchases cover from another provider. If you think you may have given us any incorrect answers or if you want any help, please contact Voyager Insurance Services Ltd on 01483 806 666 as soon as possible and we will be able to tell you if we can still offer you cover.

What's Covered?
What's Covered? Standard
Replacement car before travel starts £2,000
Roadside assistance and towing Unlimited
Contribution to emergency labour charges £250
Loss of use of the insured vehicle for more than 8 hours either: a. Transports to destination & return collect car, or b. Additional accomodation costs (per person per night / total), or c. Cost to hire alternative vehicle Up to costs incurred £45* / £450 / £2,000
Alternative travel costs, including hire car £1,000
Repatriation costs: Accommodation and travel expenses to collect your vehicle from abroad / Any following repairs / contribution to UK hire car while own vehicle is being repatriated Unlimited / £400 /£250
Providing a Chauffeur to get home / Additional accommodation costs (per person per night/total) Unlimited / £45* (Total £450)
Cost of delivering spare parts Unlimited
Legal defence £20,000
Advance of funds £2,000
Theft £100

*Per person, per night up to a maximum in all. Please note that prices are inclusive of Insurance Premium Tax.

Prices for Cars (0-9 years old)
Duration Premium
1 Day £11.00
2 Days £12.00
3 Days £17.00
4-5 Days £19.00
6-9 Days £24.00
10-12 Days £30.00
13-18 Days £34.00
19-23 Days £40.00
24-31 Days £52.00
Prices for Car + Trailer/Caravan
Duration Premium
1 Day £30.00
2 Days £32.00
3 Days £37.00
4-5 Days £39.00
6-9 Days £45.00
10-12 Days £49.00
13-18 Days £54.00
19-23 Days £59.00
24-31 Days £69.00

*Please note: Annual Cover - Maximum trip duration of any one trip - 31 days. Only valid for a single trip.

Terms and Conditions

We will not pay for the following;

a. Anything caused by the insured vehicle being used for;

i. Carrying goods or materials, or

ii. Hire or reward, or iii. motor racing, rallies, speed or other tests.

b. Anything caused by you;

i. Causing damage or injury on purpose,

ii. Breaking the law, or

iii. Deliberately putting yourself at risk (unless you were trying to save another person's life)

iv. Not following the laws of the country or its local authorities.

Prices are fully inclusive of Insurance Premium Tax. All insurance benefits include limits. Please refer to your insurance policy for more information on cover, limits and excess for each policy. Available for permanent residents of the UK, Channel Islands and Isle of Man only.

This insurance is arranged by Voyager Insurance Services Ltd on behalf of Allianz Assistance (underwritten by AWP P&C SA and is administered in the United Kingdom by Allianz Assistance. Allianz Assistance is a trading name of AWP Assistance UK Ltd), all of whom are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

DFDS Newcastle Limited is an appointed representative of ITC Compliance Limited which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (their registration number is 313486) and which is permitted to advise on and arrange general insurance contracts. Maximum trip duration of 90 days on single-trip policies. Calls cost 13p per minute plus your telephone company's access charge. Dover-France insurance available on selected products only.