Our automotive solutions
We provide automotive logistics and supply chain solutions throughout Europe and Turkey. The dedicated DFDS industry expert team, specialised equipment, high-frequency shipping schedules, and digital technology all work together to support your automotive business.
Dedicated after-sales service support
In DFDS, we provide you with both inbound and outbound automotive logistics solutions. Whether it’s shipping automotive parts to the factory or transporting vehicles to the dealership, we've got you covered.
Our just-in-time delivery promise ensures that automotive parts arrive in the right sequence for the assembly line in your factory.
Your auto cargo in experienced hands
DFDS' team of automotive industry experts listens to and understands your auto logistics needs and demands. We can easily adapt to your context and requirements, offering everything from traditional transport services to innovative and tailor-made automotive supply chain logistics solutions.
Our expertise, infrastructure, and attention to detail ensure that your cargo is always in the right place at the right time.
DFDS provides the automotive industry with unrivalled access to one of Europe’s most comprehensive freight shipping and logistics networks.
Our unique network of 24 ferry routes on a fixed schedule, 55 ferries, 8 port terminals, 9,000 trailer and container units, and 8,000+ local ferry and logistics experts across Europe and Turkey will secure on-time delivery, every time.
Equipment designed for your needs
- We offer tailor-made automotive transport solutions for tractors, trucks, busses, chassis, and construction equipment.
- Benefit from our asset-based 3PL solutions, including own vessels, trains, trailers, terminals, containers, and swap bodies.
- We have modern vessels with hanging car decks.
- Our box trailers all use digital on-board tracking for added security (TAPA certified).
- Our pre-inspection delivery (PDI) facilities help your automotive cargo leave the terminal in the best condition.
- We have designed trailer fleets with anti-slash curtains.
Digital tools to optimise your business
- A dedicated DFDS Control Tower can manage the entire process, end-to-end.
- Your automotive cargo is 100% traceable in real-time.
- We offer integration solutions to increase efficiency in data management.
- Use the Online Warehouse Management System (WMS) Empirika to keep tabs on automotive stock and movements.
- Modern tracking allows both the unit and the trailer to be independently tracked. Trailer temperatures can be viewed live or can be produced as a historical record for audits.