SAIL INTO SPRING WITH DFDS FERRY OPERATOR LAUNCHES SPECIAL MINI CRUISES TO DISCOVER AMSTERDAM IN BLOOM A FREE TULIP BOUQUET TO TAKE HOME FOR EVERY BOOKING
Date: 13 April 2018
DFDS has created a variety of mini cruise packages to discover the natural beauty of the famous Dutch bulb fields and the seasonal flower displays in central Amsterdam, via its Newcastle-Amsterdam route.
Every year, between March and May, more than one million visitors travel to Holland to see the bloom in full at the Keukenhof Gardens, where 7 million bulbs of 800 varieties lie in what is known as the ‘Gardens of Europe’. With a new theme each year, 2018 is set to showcase the romance of the gardens. Having been designed midway through the Romantic period (1857) as an ornamental garden for Castle Keukenhof, the gardens have played host to many a special occasion, be it proposals, first dates or secret rendezvous in the Cupid Garden or the Love Paradise, leading to this year’s theme being aptly named ‘Romance in Flowers’.
Families, couples and friends alike can discover the gardens through treasure hunts, mazes, boat rides and tours, making for the perfect day out. Visitors can even make their mark by planting some bulbs themselves.
And if that leaves you wanting more, visitors can enjoy the vibrant shades of the Botanical Gardens in central Amsterdam, learn about the history of the tulip at the Tulip Museum, or enjoy the world’s only floating flower market: the famous Bloemenmarkt. Unique festivals and parades such as The Flower Parade in Haarlem (21 April), the Tulip Festival in Flevoland (21 April – 6 May), and Get in to the Greenhouse (7-8 April) also offer distinctive experiences throughout the season.
To make the most of the blooming sensation the following cruises are available to book through DFDS’ Newcastle-Amsterdam route, with a free tulip bouquet to be given for travel between 7 March – 10 May*:
- Dutch Bulb Fields Cruise - includes two nights on board, plus transportation to and from Keukenhof gardens. Priced from £120 return per person based on two sharing, or £90 per person based on four.1
- Amsterdam Mini Cruise – get up to five hours of time to explore the blooms in central Amsterdam, priced from just £49 return per person, or £35 based on four sharing. 2
- Cruise and Stay - Applicable for one, two or three night stays in the capital (to be booked separately). Based on two sharing, packages start from £56 return per person, while groups of four can book from £39 return per person.2
- Amsterdam Hotel Break - includes up to three nights bed and breakfast in a pre-selected Amsterdam hotel, priced from £109 return per person based on two sharing, or £95 based on four.2
- On the ferry crossing, DFDS passengers can relax and watch new film screenings in one of the two on board cinemas, explore the extensive shopping facilities, relax in one of the four bars and enjoy live entertainment. Children can enjoy the Kids Club and for older children there’s a games room.
DFDS has also recently refreshed its dining options with two new restaurants to choose from, including the Explorer’s Kitchen for international cuisine and the North Sea Bistro for à-la-carte fine dining and sommelier-trained waiters to help pick the perfect wine to accompany any meal.
DFDS is Northern Europe’s largest integrated shipping and logistics company, with a network of around 30 routes and 50 freight and passenger ships.
DFDS prides itself on offering world-class facilities and services and the widest choice of ferry routes into northern Europe.
In the UK, the company operates passenger ferry services on routes from Dover to Calais, Dover to Dunkirk, Newcastle to Amsterdam and Newhaven to Dieppe.
DFDS has been named ‘Europe’s Leading Ferry Operator’ for eight years running (2012-2019), as well as the ‘World’s Leading Ferry Operator’ for the last seven years (2011-18).
DFDS currently operates up to 54 sailings a day between Dover and France on its Dover-Dunkirk and Dover-Calais routes. DFDS also offers two daily sailings between Newcastle and Amsterdam. In addition, the DFDS network includes a passenger and freight service between Newhaven to Dieppe, which has four daily sailings and is operated by Transmanche Ferries.
For further information about DFDS, or to find out about the latest sailing times, fares and offers across all routes from the UK, click here.
We’ve been nominated!
We’ve been nominated in the British Travel Awards in the category of Best Ferry Operator for Routes from/to UK Ports.
Help support us with your vote so we can continue to deliver our award-winning service and ferry travel to you, our wonderful customers!