Cheap ferry to England: 7 tips for the best price
- Book as early as possible: The earlier you book, the cheaper you travel. The busier a departure is, the more you pay. So book as early as possible and travel cheaply to England.
- Travel after the weekend: travel on Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays
- Bring a Caravan for free: On Sunday, Monday and Tuesday in the months of January-March and October-December you can take your caravan on board for free.
- Travel in low season: avoid the high season and travel from January to June and September to December
No baggage restrictions
Excellent onboard facilities
Amsterdam - Newcastle
Regular sailings for the current week listed in local time
Cheap ferry to England: more tips
- Short trips are cheaper: On the route IJmuiden - Newcastle you can travel from 3 to 7 nights. On Dunkirk - Dover and Calais - Dover routes you can opt for a 4-day return. In both cases you benefit from a 25% discount on your crossing or 10% for short breaks (max 5 days).
- Travel at night: travel between 00:00 and 06:00 on the routes Dunkirk - Dover and Calais - Dover for the lowest fares.
- Traveling to England is cheaper with four people: travelling with 4 people is cheaper as you'll stay in a 4- berth cabin.
EUROPE’S LEADING FERRY OPERATOR 2021
We’ve been nominated as Europe’s Leading Ferry Operator at the prestigious World Travel Awards for the tenth year in a row! We’d love to win but we need your help – please support us with your vote!