Adventurous England & Scotland
Cheap ferry to England: 7 tips for the best price
- Book as early as possible: The earlier you book, the cheaper you travel. The busier a departure is, the more you pay. So book as early as possible and travel cheaply to England.
- Travel after the weekend: travel on Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays
- Bring a Caravan for free: On Sunday, Monday and Tuesday in the months of January-March and October-December you can take your caravan on board for free.
- Travel in low season: avoid the high season and travel from January to June and September to December
No baggage restrictions
Excellent onboard facilities
Take your vehicle with you
Private cabins are available
All times shown are in local time.
Please note that timetables may change subject to weather conditions.
Cheap ferry to England: more tips
- Short trips are cheaper: On the route IJmuiden - Newcastle you can travel from 3 to 7 nights. On Dunkirk - Dover and Calais - Dover routes you can opt for a 4-day return. In both cases you benefit from a 25% discount on your crossing or 10% for short breaks (max 5 days).
- Travel at night: travel between 00:00 and 06:00 on the routes Dunkirk - Dover and Calais - Dover for the lowest fares.
- Traveling to England is cheaper with four people: travelling with 4 people is cheaper as you'll stay in a 4- berth cabin.
Our Routes to the UK
DFDS has one of the largest ferry networks in Europe, with four routes operating to the UK.
The English Channel ferry crossings are convenient and fast at highly competitive prices, meaning you can take your car with you and explore what the UK has to offer.
Award Winning Ferry Crossings
We are proud to have been voted World’s Leading Ferry Operator 2022 at this year’s World Travel Awards for the 12th year in a row! We have also won Europe's Leading Ferry Operator 2012-2022 and World’s Best Ferry Operator Website 2021-2022.
Thank you to everyone who has supported us and voted for us for over 12 years. Let’s sail the seas together with world class service!