At DFDS we’re doing everything we can to ensure you arrive at your destination relaxed and ready to enjoy your trip. We’ve introduced several measures onboard including staggered boarding and disembarkation, social distancing and the wearing of masks in public areas.
For added peace of mind, our Travel Guarantee means you can enjoy free re-booking for travel, through to 30 September 2022. This is available on all our routes from the UK to Europe. Just call us at least 24 hours before your trip to rebook for free.
If you are unable to commit to a travel date in 2021, we will hold onto your credit and you can simply call us to rebook once sailings for 2022 become available later this year. See terms and conditions for more details.
Newcastle / Amsterdam
- To re-book Newcastle-Amsterdam crossings call 0344 848 6090
UK / France
- To re-book Dover – France crossings call 0330 587 8787
- To re-book Newhaven – Dieppe crossings call 0800 917 1201
- Travel Credit: on our Dover to France routes, credit is only valid for future rebooking on the same ticket type.
Terms and Conditions – All UK to Europe Routes
- Re-bookings must be made more than 24 hours before outward departure date.
- Standard terms & conditions will apply for the relevant ticket type purchased when cancelled within 24 hours.
- Newcastle to Amsterdam - Valid only for transportation and mini cruise products.
- Excludes Hotel Break Package bookings provided directly by DFDS.
- Re-bookings cannot be managed via your online account and must be requested via our Customer Care department on the following numbers:
- 0344 848 6090 for Dover to France
- 0800 917 1201 for Newhaven to Dieppe
- 0344 848 6090 for Newcastle to Amsterdam.
- For re-bookings, customers must pay the difference in fare on the new date where applicable. Subject to availability.
- Excludes bookings paid via a voucher promotion including bookings paid with Tesco Clubcard Vouchers.
- Any ticket booked after the withdrawal of the promotion will not qualify for re-booking.
- Insurance Premiums are non-refundable once outside the 14 days cooling off period on which there has been no claim.
- DFDS reserve the right to amend or withdraw all elements of the promotion without prior notice.
- Subject to DFDS General Booking Terms and Conditions of Carriage
- DFDS has the right to remove this guarantee at any time. Only bookings made during the promotion of this guarantee will be deemed valid for free flexible rebooking
- Booking dates for 2022 will be made available in Q3 2021.
- Re-bookings for 2022 must be made by 31 December 2022.
- Re-bookings are valid for travel up to 31 December 2022.
- Travel Credit Vouchers are non-refundable and cannot be exchanged for cash and expire from the 1 October 2022
- For all customers that booked before the 11 March 2020, DFDS will not extend your travel credit without your prior consent.