At DFDS we’re doing everything we can to ensure you arrive at your destination relaxed and ready to enjoy your trip. We’ve introduced several measures onboard including staggered boarding and disembarkation, social distancing and the wearing of masks in public areas.
For added peace of mind, if your plans have to change as a direct result of the Covid-19 pandemic, our ‘Travel Guarantee’ means you can re-book for free until 30th September 2023. This is available on all our routes from the UK to Europe. Just call us at least 24 hours before your trip to rebook for free.
Newcastle / Amsterdam
- To re-book Newcastle-Amsterdam crossings call 0344 848 6090
UK / France
- To re-book Dover – France crossings call 0330 587 8787
- To re-book Newhaven – Dieppe crossings call 0330 587 8787
- Travel Credit: on our Dover to France routes, credit is only valid for future rebooking on the same ticket type.
Terms and Conditions – All UK to Europe Routes
- Re-bookings must be made more than 24 hours before outward departure date.
- Standard terms & conditions will apply for the relevant ticket type purchased when cancelled within 24 hours.
- Newcastle to Amsterdam - Valid only for transportation and mini cruise products.
- Excludes Hotel Break Package bookings provided directly by DFDS.
- Excludes group bookings. Please contact us to discuss your group booking
- Re-bookings cannot be managed via your online account and must be requested via our Customer Care department on the following numbers:
- 0344 848 6090 for Dover to France
- 0330 587 8787 for Newhaven to Dieppe
- 0344 848 6090 for Newcastle to Amsterdam.
- For re-bookings, customers must pay the difference in fare on the new date where applicable. Subject to availability.
- Excludes bookings paid via a voucher promotion including bookings paid with Tesco Clubcard Vouchers.
- Any ticket booked after the withdrawal of the promotion will not qualify for re-booking.
- Insurance Premiums are non-refundable once outside the 14 days cooling off period on which there has been no claim.
- DFDS reserve the right to amend or withdraw all elements of the promotion without prior notice.
- Subject to DFDS General Booking Terms and Conditions of Carriage.
- DFDS has the right to remove this guarantee at any time. Only bookings made during the promotion of this guarantee will be deemed valid for free flexible rebooking.
- *Use of the ‘Travel Guarantee’ is based on future disruption in relation to COVID. More specifically:
*Disruption caused to your booking because of Border Closure
*Disruption caused to your booking due to quarantine requirements on arrival
*Disruption caused to your booking because of testing requirements either at home or abroad.
*Disruption due to receiving a positive COVID test. Proof will be required.
- If a customer is unable to book 2023 (i.e. sailings are not open) or confirm a new date, we will provide you with ‘Travel Credit’ until this becomes available. ‘Travel Credit’ is not refundable* and cannot be exchanged for cash. Travel credit will expire the same day as the ‘Travel Guarantee’ (*Unless a customer booked before 11t March 2020, or we cancelled your sailing).
Award Winning Ferry Crossings
We been voted World’s Leading Ferry Operator 2011-2021, Europe's Leading Ferry Operator 2012-2021 and World’s Best Ferry Operator Website 2021!
Thank you for voting and making us proud for more than 10 years in a row! Let’s sail the seas together with world class service!