Promotional Terms and Conditions
Offers and Promotions
This section covers important information and terms and conditions relevant to our products, promotions and special offers in conjuction with our General Booking Terms & Conditions of Carriage (which contain limits and exclusions of liability).
This offer is available for any bookings made for travel between 06-May-19 and 12-Jan-20 with return travel to be completed by 12-Jan-20. Tickets booked with return travel beyond 12-Jan-20 are not eligible to benefit from this guarantee. Offer subject to restricted space & availability, applies to new and direct bookings only.
Cancellations must be made more than 7 days before outward departure date.
Standard terms & conditions will apply for the relevant ticket type purchased when cancelled within 7 days.
Cancellations cannot be managed via your online account and must be requested via our Contact Centre on 0344 848 6090 for Dover to France/Newcastle to Amsterdam and 0800 917 1201 for Newhaven to Dieppe.
Refund to be applied for by the named ticket holder. Any refund will be issued to the card used for purchase.
Excludes bookings paid via a voucher promotion including bookings paid with Tesco Clubcard Vouchers.
Any ticket booked after the withdrawal of the promotion will not qualify for cancellation or refund.
Offer valid for direct bookings only. Excludes tickets booked through, or by, agents or coach operators.
Insurance Premiums are non-refundable once outside 14 days cooling off period on which there has been no claim.
DFDS reserve the right to amend or withdraw all elements of the promotion without prior notice.
Subject to DFDS General Booking Terms and Conditions of Carriage available online here.
To be eligible for a DFDS Price Promise offer you must have booked and made full payment for a qualifying sailing at DFDS using a credit or debit card.
To be eligible for a DFDS Price Promise offer you must supply sufficient evidence of the lower on line fare in the form of a screen shot of the fare quote page containing as a minimum: (a) date and time; (b) full itinerary; (c) full breakdown of the fare, including charges and booking fees; and (d) website name and logo, all corresponding to DFDS’s reasonable requirements . Evidence must show that the Lower Online Fare was found on the same day or 24 hours after the DFDS booking. A credit will be given for each ticket within a booking that meets the Terms and Conditions of the DFDS Price Promise.
If all the conditions above are satisfied, a refund to the value of the difference between the purchase cost with DFDS and the cost of the Lower Online Fare will be credited to the holder of the credit or debit card which was used to pay for the Qualifying Booking at DFDS, within 28 days of DFDS receiving and acknowledging the claim form. We will also discount a further 10% off the entire booking, rounded to the nearest £5, at DFDS discretion.
Limited to one claim per booking paid in full with DFDS - i.e. bookings covering multiple passengers must be submitted as one claim and not separate claims for each passenger.
__Requirements and Restrictions __
A Qualifying Crossing means:
- A one-way or return crossing only booking departing from Dover to France / France to Dover.
- Not valid on any DFDS Package including land arrangements such as transfers, hotels, excursions, etc. Standard Transportation Only.
- To be eligible for a DFDS Price Promise offer you must have found a real Lower Online Fare on the same date that the Qualifying Crossing was purchased with DFDS for a crossing identical to the Qualifying Crossing on a public point of sale travel website operated in Europe.
- The fare (including all taxes, fees and charges) plus any associated booking and card payment fees must be cheaper than the crossing purchased through DFDS and must be for the same route, with each leg of the trip in the same order, for the same dates, in the same class of travel, for the same type of ticket (including fare conditions such as whether tickets are/are not refundable or changeable and the cost of making such changes) and be sold over the internet in your country of departure, in the currency of the departure country, on the same calendar day (based on the local time of departure country) you purchased your ticket via DFDS. The website with the Lower Online Fare must provide the possibility of booking that fare. Websites showing fares but not providing booking capacity will not qualify for the DFDS Price Promise. Comparisons will be made based on the same payment type as used via DFDS for payment. Where a payment method is not available on the website with the Lower Online Fare the comparison will be based on the nearest comparable payment method as determined by DFDS.
- DFDS Price Promise is only applicable to the first booking made; any subsequent changes to an itinerary or booking will not be eligible for a DFDS Price Promise.
__Other Exceptions __
DFDS Price Promise does not apply where:
- The booking is made as a part of a holiday booking provided by DFDS including hotels, sightseeing or experiences; or
- The Lower Online Fare is offered under any promotion with a third party (including, but not limited to, promotions with newspapers, exhibitions or other special events); or
- The Lower Online Fare makes use of fares that are not published and are not available to the general public. These include, but are not limited to corporate discount fares, staff fares, consolidator fares, wholesaler fares, student fares, closed user group fares; or
- The Lower Online Fare has been discounted by the online retailer by use of coupons, loyalty rewards or similar and other offers or incentives to reduce the total cost; or
- The Lower Online Fare is for a travel package with inclusive crossing; or
- The difference in cost between the purchase on DFDS and the Lower Online Fare is the result of an error by the retailer of the Lower Online Fare; or
- DFDS is unable to verify, using reasonable means, that the Lower Online Fare is available. This may be at any time within 28 business days of receiving your claim at the discretion of DFDS; or
- You have exercised your right to a refund or have cancelled your booking before you apply for a DFDS Price Promise. DFDS usual terms for cancellation and refunds apply.
__Claim form __
- Claims can only be accepted through the online form. No telephone claims for DFDS Price Promise will be accepted. Incomplete Price forms will not be accepted. Forms must be received by DFDS no later than 24 hours after you purchased your crossing/s (based on local time of departure country). DFDS reserves the right to verify evidence of the Lower Online Fare available for purchase at the lower price. DFDS is not responsible for any DFDS PRICE PROMISE forms which are not received or are delayed in transmission.
- To be eligible for a DFDS PRICE PROMISE you must supply sufficient evidence of the Lower Online Fare in the form of a screen shot of the fare quote page if required corresponding to DFDS’s reasonable requirements, along with the fare conditions applicable to the Lower Online Fare. Evidence must show that the Lower Online Fare was found on the same day as the DFDS booking. If the claim meets all the Terms and Conditions of DFDS Price Promise, a refund to the value of the difference between the purchase cost on DFDS and the cost of the Lower Online Fare will be credited to the holder of the credit, debit card, epayment which was used to pay for the Qualifying Booking at DFDS, within 28 days of DFDS receiving and acknowledging the claim form. We will also discount a further 10% off the entire booking, rounded to the nearest £5, at DFDS discretion.
- Limited to one claim per booking and paid for in full at DFDS - i.e. bookings covering multiple passengers must be submitted as one claim and not separate claims for each passenger.
- DFDS is the final authority on interpretation of these rules.
- DFDS reserves the right to terminate or amend this offer at any time without notice.
|Refundable?||No||Yes (up to 48hrs before departure)*||Yes|
|Amendable?||Yes (just pay difference in fare + £20 amendment fee)*||Yes (just pay the difference in fare)*||Yes|
|Flexability at port||Yes (+/- 4hrs of booked crossing)||Yes (+/- 12hrs of booked crossing)||Yes (+/- 48hrs of booked crossing)|
|Premium lounge access||No||No||Yes|
|Premium lounge meal||No||No||Yes|
3 tier pricing is not to be confused with our ticket types available on Dover-France ferry crossings. Find out more about those here.
*Online cancellation is possible. To Receive your refund, please contact customer service. Premium fares are for car + 4 people, additional passengers can be added as an extra charge. Subject to availability.
Subject to DFDS General Booking Terms and Conditions of Carriage available online here.
All offers are subject to restricted space, sailings and dates, are correct at the time of publication and may be withdrawn without notice.
Promotional bookings are amendable for a fee, but no refunds or cancellations will be permitted, when stated.
Promotional offers may not be used in conjunction with any other offer, voucher, nor are they further discountable. Promotional fares are not available to book at the port.
Unless otherwise set out in the offer, voucher, all promotions will also be subject to
__For Pre-purchased Promotional Voucher Deals __
All promotional vouchers deal purchases for DFDS Passenger Ferry Services voucher code offers may be used to redeem the service for which they are intended only once. When you have booked, we will provide you with a booking reference and at that stage no alterations can be made to your reservation.
The voucher is not transferable unless stated and cannot be sold on the open market without DFDS’ express authority. Additional services may be available to book for an extra charge whilst redeeming your voucher.
For Promotional Free 2-night Mini Cruise
The holder of this Free 2-night Mini Cruise may bring up to 3 people on board with them, on the route specified, at a special rate, providing that they share the same cabin with the holder. If you opt to travel alone, you must book via our contact centre. You will travel free you will stay in a 4-berth sea view cabin, sharing with other offer holders. Shared cabins are split male and female, but may be of mixed nationality. no preferences can be made or guaranteed for sharing cabins.
One free person may be redeemed per booking; the offer must be declared at the time of booking and cannot be redeemed retrospectively. Alterations to a confirmed booking cannot be made; cancelled bookings will be charged at 100% of the total fare. No refunds are allowed on lost or unused Free 2-night Mini Cruise; there is no equivalent cash value and they cannot be exchanged for cash. Free 2-night Mini Cruise are not transferable and cannot be sold on.
__For Onboard Voucher Offer __
The voucher is only redeemable in the onboard shop and not in any food and drink outlets onboard or for purchases of Tobacco. It is valid on the sailing for which it was intended only, as indicated on the booking confirmation advice and only one voucher will be offered per booking.
When you book you will receive your booking confirmation by email and on the final page of this booking confirmation you’ll find your onboard voucher. Please print the booking confirmation and take all pages with you, including the voucher section on the last page.
The lead customer on that particular booking (i.e. the name stated on the booking confirmation) must present both the car hanger with your booking confirmation voucher at the time of purchase. Your voucher is not valid without the car hanger. Please note once the ship sets sail you will not be able to return to your car to retrieve your hanger so don’t forget to take it with you.
The customer booking details on your car hanger must match those on your booking confirmation voucher. Identification may be required to verify the name on the booking confirmation matches that of the person making the purchase. The onboard voucher cannot be exchanged for cash and no change will be given.
The deposit is usually equal to 15% of the booking value unless stated otherwise in the promotion. Deposit are payable in full at the time of booking. Full payment of balance is due at least 70 days before departure.
When you secure a booking we will issue a confirmation that sets out the details of your reservation.
On issuing this document the contract will take effect; so before confirming your booking, you and others included in your reservation must read and familiarise yourselves with DFDS General Booking Terms & Conditions of Carriage (which contain limits and exclusions of liability).
Because we start to incur costs in relation to your arrangements from the time we confirm your booking and because we may not be able to resell your booking, cancellations 71 days or more before departure will incur the loss of deposit and cancellations 70 days or less before departure will be charged at 100% of the total price. Insurance premiums and booking fees are non-refundable.
All Themed and Music Events will also be subject to DFDS General Booking Terms & Conditions of Carriage (which contain limits and exclusions of liability) and in any occurrence are subject to a requirement of a minimum numbers.
Occasionally, Themed and Music Events on board can be cancelled or postponed by DFDS, the team, performer or Event Partner for a variety of reasons due to weather conditions or other situations which may affect the performers, staff or audience.
It is your responsibility to ascertain whether an event has been cancelled and the date and time of any rearranged event. If there is a change/cancellation to your booking contact DFDS for exact instructions prior to departure and we will endeavour to find a suitable solution for you.
If an event is cancelled or rescheduled, we will use reasonable endeavours to notify ticket holders of the cancellation once we have received the relevant notification. We do not guarantee that ticket holders will be informed of such cancellation before the date of the event due to unforeseen circumstances.
Available on both single and return crossings on our Dover to Dunkirk and Dover to Calais routes, the multi-trip deal means you will pay a great fixed price for all of your trips within the valid travel period. The more you travel, the more you save!
Multi-trip fares are valid for cars (under 2.35m high and less than 6m in length) plus up to 9 people or motorcycle and sidecar/trailer plus 2 people. Supplements apply for additional passengers and selected departures during high season. Multi-trips cannot be sold on the open market without DFDS' express authority. Additional services may be available to book for an extra charge when redeeming your fixed price trip. Bookings are non-refundable.
You must confirm your chosen crossings by telephone before arrival at port. All bookings for any time or date, are subject to availability.
DFDS General Booking Term and Conditions apply (which contain limits and exclusions of liability).
This special summer offer is only available for discounted travel on selected sailings between 10PM and 6am, until 31 December 2019.
Available on single or return crossings, cars up to 2.2m high for up to 9 people and motorcycles including side cars for up to 2 people.
A £20 supplement will apply to bookings made on the day of travel.
You can only travel on specified crossing(s) booked, you cannot make amends and tickets are non-refundable.
- The early booking saving of 15% is valid only on Newcastle – Amsterdam crossings
- Valid on bookings until 14 March 2021
- Valid on bookings with departure from Newcastle
- You can change your booking for free until 31 December 2021 with our Travel Guarantee. See here for more information.
- Discount applies when booked at least 90 days in advance
- Pay only 15% deposit (remaining balance should be paid no later than 70 days before departure)
- Valid on single and return crossings
- Discount applies to all vehicles
- Early Booking discount not valid on Commodore cabins
- Only valid on new bookings
- 100% cancellation fees apply
Award Winning Ferry Crossings
We been voted World’s Leading Ferry Operator 2011-2021, Europe's Leading Ferry Operator 2012-2021 and World’s Best Ferry Operator Website 2021!
Thank you for voting and making us proud for more than 10 years in a row! Let’s sail the seas together with world class service!