Promotional Terms and Conditions
Offers and Promotions
This section covers important information and terms and conditions relevant to our products, promotions and special offers in conjuction with our General Booking Terms & Conditions of Carriage (which contain limits and exclusions of liability).
To be eligible for a DFDS Price Promise offer you must have booked and made full payment for a qualifying sailing at DFDS using a credit or debit card.
To be eligible for a DFDS Price Promise offer you must supply sufficient evidence of the lower on line fare in the form of a screen shot of the fare quote page containing as a minimum: (a) date and time; (b) full itinerary; (c) full breakdown of the fare, including charges and booking fees; and (d) website name and logo, all corresponding to DFDS’s reasonable requirements . Evidence must show that the Lower Online Fare was found on the same day or 24 hours after the DFDS booking. A credit will be given for each ticket within a booking that meets the Terms and Conditions of the DFDS Price Promise.
If all the conditions above are satisfied, a refund to the value of the difference between the purchase cost with DFDS and the cost of the Lower Online Fare will be credited to the holder of the credit or debit card which was used to pay for the Qualifying Booking at DFDS, within 28 days of DFDS receiving and acknowledging the claim form. We will also discount a further 10% off the entire booking, rounded to the nearest £5, at DFDS discretion.
Limited to one claim per booking paid in full with DFDS - i.e. bookings covering multiple passengers must be submitted as one claim and not separate claims for each passenger.
__Requirements and Restrictions __
A Qualifying Crossing means:
- A one-way or return crossing only booking departing from Dover to France / France to Dover.
- Not valid on any DFDS Package including land arrangements such as transfers, hotels, excursions, etc. Standard Transportation Only.
- To be eligible for a DFDS Price Promise offer you must have found a real Lower Online Fare on the same date that the Qualifying Crossing was purchased with DFDS for a crossing identical to the Qualifying Crossing on a public point of sale travel website operated in Europe.
- The fare (including all taxes, fees and charges) plus any associated booking and card payment fees must be cheaper than the crossing purchased through DFDS and must be for the same route, with each leg of the trip in the same order, for the same dates, in the same class of travel, for the same type of ticket (including fare conditions such as whether tickets are/are not refundable or changeable and the cost of making such changes) and be sold over the internet in your country of departure, in the currency of the departure country, on the same calendar day (based on the local time of departure country) you purchased your ticket via DFDS. The website with the Lower Online Fare must provide the possibility of booking that fare. Websites showing fares but not providing booking capacity will not qualify for the DFDS Price Promise. Comparisons will be made based on the same payment type as used via DFDS for payment. Where a payment method is not available on the website with the Lower Online Fare the comparison will be based on the nearest comparable payment method as determined by DFDS.
- DFDS Price Promise is only applicable to the first booking made; any subsequent changes to an itinerary or booking will not be eligible for a DFDS Price Promise.
__Other Exceptions __
DFDS Price Promise does not apply where:
- The booking is made as a part of a holiday booking provided by DFDS including hotels, sightseeing or experiences; or
- The Lower Online Fare is offered under any promotion with a third party (including, but not limited to, promotions with newspapers, exhibitions or other special events); or
- The Lower Online Fare makes use of fares that are not published and are not available to the general public. These include, but are not limited to corporate discount fares, staff fares, consolidator fares, wholesaler fares, student fares, closed user group fares; or
- The Lower Online Fare has been discounted by the online retailer by use of coupons, loyalty rewards or similar and other offers or incentives to reduce the total cost; or
- The Lower Online Fare is for a travel package with inclusive crossing; or
- The difference in cost between the purchase on DFDS and the Lower Online Fare is the result of an error by the retailer of the Lower Online Fare; or
- DFDS is unable to verify, using reasonable means, that the Lower Online Fare is available. This may be at any time within 28 business days of receiving your claim at the discretion of DFDS; or
- You have exercised your right to a refund or have cancelled your booking before you apply for a DFDS Price Promise. DFDS usual terms for cancellation and refunds apply.
__Claim form __
- Claims can only be accepted through the online form. No telephone claims for DFDS Price Promise will be accepted. Incomplete Price forms will not be accepted. Forms must be received by DFDS no later than 24 hours after you purchased your crossing/s (based on local time of departure country). DFDS reserves the right to verify evidence of the Lower Online Fare available for purchase at the lower price. DFDS is not responsible for any DFDS PRICE PROMISE forms which are not received or are delayed in transmission.
- To be eligible for a DFDS PRICE PROMISE you must supply sufficient evidence of the Lower Online Fare in the form of a screen shot of the fare quote page if required corresponding to DFDS’s reasonable requirements, along with the fare conditions applicable to the Lower Online Fare. Evidence must show that the Lower Online Fare was found on the same day as the DFDS booking. If the claim meets all the Terms and Conditions of DFDS Price Promise, a refund to the value of the difference between the purchase cost on DFDS and the cost of the Lower Online Fare will be credited to the holder of the credit, debit card, epayment which was used to pay for the Qualifying Booking at DFDS, within 28 days of DFDS receiving and acknowledging the claim form. We will also discount a further 10% off the entire booking, rounded to the nearest £5, at DFDS discretion.
- Limited to one claim per booking and paid for in full at DFDS - i.e. bookings covering multiple passengers must be submitted as one claim and not separate claims for each passenger.
- DFDS is the final authority on interpretation of these rules.
- DFDS reserves the right to terminate or amend this offer at any time without notice.
The deposit is usually equal to 15% of the booking value unless stated otherwise in the promotion. Deposit are payable in full at the time of booking. Full payment of balance is due at least 70 days before departure.
When you secure a booking we will issue a confirmation that sets out the details of your reservation.
On issuing this document the contract will take effect; so before confirming your booking, you and others included in your reservation must read and familiarise yourselves with DFDS General Booking Terms & Conditions of Carriage (which contain limits and exclusions of liability).
Because we start to incur costs in relation to your arrangements from the time we confirm your booking and because we may not be able to resell your booking, cancellations 71 days or more before departure will incur the loss of deposit and cancellations 70 days or less before departure will be charged at 100% of the total price. Insurance premiums and booking fees are non-refundable.
All Themed and Music Events will also be subject to DFDS General Booking Terms & Conditions of Carriage (which contain limits and exclusions of liability) and in any occurrence are subject to a requirement of a minimum numbers.
Occasionally, Themed and Music Events on board can be cancelled or postponed by DFDS, the team, performer or Event Partner for a variety of reasons due to weather conditions or other situations which may affect the performers, staff or audience.
It is your responsibility to ascertain whether an event has been cancelled and the date and time of any rearranged event. If there is a change/cancellation to your booking contact DFDS for exact instructions prior to departure and we will endeavour to find a suitable solution for you.
If an event is cancelled or rescheduled, we will use reasonable endeavours to notify ticket holders of the cancellation once we have received the relevant notification. We do not guarantee that ticket holders will be informed of such cancellation before the date of the event due to unforeseen circumstances.
Award Winning Ferry Crossings
We are proud to have been voted World’s Leading Ferry Operator 2022 at this year’s World Travel Awards for the 12th year in a row! We have also won Europe's Leading Ferry Operator 2012-2022 and World’s Best Ferry Operator Website 2021-2022.
Thank you to everyone who has supported us and voted for us for over 12 years. Let’s sail the seas together with world class service!